Under the supervision of our Office Manager, Samantha Cant, the Blackthorn Reception Team work very hard to ensure that the objectives of all Practice policies and procedures are adhered to. We believe that patient satisfaction starts with first point of contact and strive to offer a high standard of service to all.
Although this is not the full list, here are some of the duties our reception staff perform:
- Take all incoming phone calls
- Book appointments and telephone consultations
- Deal with results enquiries and give normal test results to patients
- New Patient Registrations
- Filing and retrieving paper notes
- Make emergency calls for ambulance
- Deal with repeat prescription requests
- Action queries & requests from website
- Deal with queries from pharmacies
- Patient change of address
- Liaise with nursing homes for care and monitoring of patients
As our nursing team offer a variety of services you may be asked by the receptionist the nature of your appointment. This is to help us ensure that you see the appropriate nurse.
Our dedicated team of administration staff carry out a variety of duties behind the scenes to ensure the general smooth running of the practice.
Although this list is not exhaustive, the duties include:
- Registration of new patients
- Deduction of patients moving elsewhere
- Scanning hospital and clinic letters into the patients records and coding appropriately
- Daily downloading of test results received and forwarding to GP for appropriate action
- Sorting incoming post and responding to requests from the PCT, Solicitors, Insurance Companies etc.
- Monitoring of patients who need regular blood tests
- Clinical reminders for chronic diseases
- Summarising notes from paper records onto computer for new and old patients alike to ensure all relevant information is recorded for each patient
- Medical stationery ordering ie prescriptions, sick notes, exemption forms
- Administering patient call up for innoculations
- Support for medical team on flu clinics