There has been a GP partnership in this area since the 1920's when Drs Pern, Turner and Bamber provided care for patients in Botley, Hamble, Netley Abbey, Bursledon and West End. Dr Turner originally practised at West Dene in Station Road, Netley Abbey, and after wartime service he became a single-handed GP with a branch surgery in St Andrews Buildings, Hamble.
He was joined by Dr Brian Foster in 1952. The surgery moved to Blackthorn and a new partnership was formed with Drs Havard, Markham and Stanger in Woolston. When Dr Turner retired in 1973 he was succeeded by Dr David Wilson. The patient list size was 4,500 at the time.
In January 1981 a new Partnership was formed when Dr Hugh Laing joined Dr Brian Foster and Dr David Wilson.
Today there are four partners and four salaried GPs who care for over 12,900 patients in the villages of Hamble, Netley Abbey and Bursledon. For more information on the current clinical team, please go to the Clinical Team section.