Services We Provide
- general management of medical conditions
- health promotion advice
- emergency care if appropriate
- referral for other services, if appropriate
- cervical screening
- child health surveillance
- maternity services
- minor surgery procedures
- childhood immunisations
- vaccinations and immunisations
- sexual health contraceptive services
- anticoagulation service
- Near patient testing (drugs monitoring)
For patients who are due an annual asthma review.
Please would you answer the questions on the form below and submit it to us.
If your symptoms are deteriorating or you have any concerns, please make an appointment to the respiratory nurse or a doctor as well.
If you require any vaccinations relating to foreign travel you need to make an appointment with the practice nurse to discuss your travel arrangements. This will include which countries and areas within countries that you are visiting to determine what vaccinations are required.
Integrated Community Team
The Southern Parishes Integrated Community Team is a group of Southern Health Staff who work to support people's care needs at home and promote independent living. The team covers the area within the boundaries of: Blackthorn Health Centre, West End Surgeries, Hedge End Medical Centre, Botley Health Centre, Bursledon Surgery and St Lukes Surgery.
We are an inter-disciplinary team of:
|Community Nurses||Older Peoples Mental Health Nurses|
|Associate Practitioners||Healthcare Support workers|
We work very closely with all our health Service colleagues, in particular Community Independence Teams and GP Practice Teams.
The Team offers
- High quality, efficient and coordinated Nursing care and Rehabilitation at home
- Long term clinical management and support for people with chronic health conditions
- The prevention of unnecessary hospital admission
- Clinical support to reduce the length of your hospital stay
- The promotion of independent living
Nursing care and support only for clients who are unable to get to their GP Practice or whose care can only be delivered at home or in a specialist clinic setting.
Longer term rehabilitation to promote your independence where we can provide Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy based rehabilitation programmes within your own home. This includes:
- Falls prevention classes
- Early discharge support following elective hip and knee surgery
- Equipment advice and provision
Managing the most vulnerable patients within the Community, planning and supporting their care
Intermediate Care Beds Service
We provide a period of up to 6 weeks rehabilitation for you on discharge from hospital working to your agreed rehabilitation goals.
For any team comments, please contact:
The Integrated Community Lead
The Integrated Community Team, Blackthorn Health Centre, Satchell Lane, Hamble, Southampton SO31 4NQ
Tel: 023 8231 0600
Additionally patients can contact:
Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust
8 Sterne Road, Tatchbury Mount, Calmore, SO40 2RZ
Tel : 023 8087 4000
Web : www.southernhealthnhs.uk
Psychological Therapy Service - italk
What is italk?
You will need a referral from your GP to this new service providing psychological therapies for people living in Eastleigh, Gosport, Havant, New Forest and Test Valley.
The treatments we offer are recommended by the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE).
What are psychological therapies?
These are sometimes called talking therapies.
'Talking about your thoughts and feelings can help you deal with times when you feel troubled about something. If you turn a worry over and over in your mind, the worry can grow. But talking about it can help you work out what is really bothering you and explore what you could do about it.
Talking therapies give people the chance to explore their thoughts and feelings and the effect they have on their behaviour and mood. Describing what's going on in your head can help you work out where your negative feelings and ideas come from and why they are there. Understanding all this can help people make positive changes by thinking or acting differently.'
(Mental Health Foundation 2009)
Most of the treatments offered by italk are based on cognitive-behavioural therapy (CBT), which is a type of talking therapy.
Who is it for?
People over the age of 16 who have problems such as depression/anxiety. This could include obsessive compulsive disorder, phobias, panic and post-traumatic stress disorder.
What can you expect?
- To talk to a professional about your concerns.
- To be listened to without judgement.
- The type of therapy or support we can offer depends on your particular concerns or problems. For some people their therapy and support may continue for a few weeks. For others it may be longer.
- Your Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner or High Intensity Therapist will explain what level of therapy or support we can offer you and why.
What therapies and support may be available to you?
- Guided self-help
- Group workshops
- Employment support
- Computerised Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (c-CBT)
- Signposting to other services
- Lifestyle support
- Medication Advice
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
What happens next?
We've produced a guide to what happens next:
What do you need to do?
- To be honest with yourself and us.
- To try the 'work' or 'tasks' agreed at each of your support sessions, such as keeping a diary or trying new ways of managing your problems.
- To know that it is important for you to keep appointments for telephone sessions or face-to-face sessions or to let us know if you cannot make an appointment so that we can use it for someone else instead.
How will you know if it is helping you?
We hope that you will start to notice changes in how you react, feel better or feel you are starting to overcome your problems.
We will also use short questionnaires at each of the sessions. These help to measure how you are feeling and moving towards the goals you have set.
Would you like more information?
For more information about depression and anxiety: www.mind.org.uk
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.