Zero Tolerance Equal Opportunities Policy
Blackthorn Health Centre actively promotes and supports the ethos and the requirements of the Equality Act 2010.
The term ‘visitor’ used below refers to anyone (including patients and their family members, other visitors and contractors making use of the Practice’s premises and services (except employees for whom the Equal Opportunities (Employment) Policy applies).
- Will ensure that all visitors are treated with dignity and respect.
- Will promote equality of opportunities for all.
- Will not tolerate any discrimination or perceived discrimination against or harassment of, any visitor or member of staff on the grounds of age, sex, gender, marital status, pregnancy, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
- Will provide the same treatment and services (including the ability to register with the Practice) to any visitor irrespective of age, sex, marital status, pregnancy, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
- Will not tolerate verbal or written abuse to staff which prevents them from doing their job or makes them feel unsafe.
- Will not tolerate threats of violence or actual violence to a GP or a member of his or her staff.
This Policy applies to the general public, including all patients and their families, visitors and contractors.
1. If you feel an act of discrimination by the Practice or visitors/patients against you has occurred:
- You should bring the matter to the attention of the Senior Management Team.
- The Senior Management team will investigate the matter thoroughly and confidentially within 3 working days.
- The Senior Management team will establish the facts and decide whether discrimination has taken place and advise you of the outcome of the investigation within 10 working days.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome, you should raise a formal complaint through the Practice’s Complaint's Procedure.
2. If you feel an act of discrimination has occurred against another member of Practice staff:
The Practice will not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment of our staff by any visitor. Any visitor who expresses any form of discrimination against, or harassment of, any member of our staff, may be asked to leave the Practice premises forthwith.
If the visitor is a patient, he/she may be removed from the Practice’s list if any such behaviour occurs on more than one occasion.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.